The Village of Burr Ridge requires building permits for construction at residential, commercial, and industrial properties, including work occurring in the right-of-way. Detailed information about building permits and the permitting process is below. If you have additional questions, please call (630) 654-8181 x. 6170 and leave a message with your question or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applying for Permits
Submit completed permit applications and required documentation to the Building Department at the Village of Burr Ridge located at 7660 County Line Rd, Burr Ridge, IL 60527. Permit applications are available for download here. Online or email submission of permit applications is not available at this time.
No, contractor registration is not required. However, we ask that electricians and plumbers provide a copy of their Illinois State licenses for the permit file.
A permit is not required for:
- Finish work including painting, hardwood refinishing, tile replacement, and carpeting
- Replacement of windows, doors, or roofing, provided there is no enlargement or structural changes
- construction of a new building or structure
- addition to a building or structure
- outdoor kitchens
- pools and spas
- driveway replacements
- work that impacts foundations
- relocation, removal, or addition of interior or exterior walls
- plumbing and electrical alterations or additions
- any changes in the existing grade of a property
- any work in the public right-of-way/parkway
- removal of more than four trees on private property
No, the Village cannot recommend contractors.
After Permit Submission
Please note that initial reviews of building permits will be performed within 21 business days. If it is past 21 business days, please contact us at email@example.com.
If the permit is not approved, you will receive an email with the permit review comments. If the permit is ready to be issued, you will receive a phone call and an email stating the permit is ready to be picked up at the Village Hall.
For Building Code or architectural plan related technical questions, please call:
- Don Morris Architects, P.C. (Residential) (630) 920-8175
- B & F Construction Code Services, Inc. (Commercial) (847) 428-7010
- Janine Farrell, Community Development Director (630) 654-8181 x.6100
- Jim Miedema, Project Engineer (630) 654-8181 x. 6010
After Permit Issuance
The Village's permitted construction hours can be downloaded here.
To schedule an inspection for your existing permit, please call (630) 654-8181 x. 3100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide the following information: the permit number, address, contact information (phone number and name), the inspection requested, and the date requested. Inspection requests made before 3:00pm will be scheduled for the following business day.